3/13/09

Being Daddy

I knew the old men were right when they said I didn't understand about being a Father. They said I wouldn't understand, and I knew it. But just knowing you don't understand doesn't prepare you for the emotions, thoughts and feelings of being a Dad. I just decided to share a few of them.

1. I am so glad God has given me a baby.

2. Every little noise he makes seems "cute" or funny, even though he may sound like a pig snorting.

3. I don't know what to do for him all the time. I feel helpless.

4. His facial expressions give me a heart-warming sensation that causes a smile.

5. I hope everything will be ok with him.

6. I hope he finds Jesus.

7. I hope he finds the joy in the Lord I know when I'm in Canaan Land.

8. I hope I can find the strength daily to be the man of God I'm supposed to be (more than I ever have) so I can be the example to him, and so that by my life, I can give him to the Lord as a heritage that belongs to God anyway.

9. I wonder if God feels this way about a person recently born again.

2 comments:

Big J said...

over the years you will discover many more things and from what I am learning (w/ a 9 and 5 yr old) is that this thing gets tougher b/c the probs they go through get bigger. You'll be fine you and have a great start and a great place to raise them.

You asked from my e-mail addy about those topics...my e-mail is whiterockmbc@gmail.com you sent me something there a few months so I 'll keep checking it out.

keep the faith brutha!

Arch Bishop said...

No parent ever started with any experience. With God's help, you and S. will do fine. My prayers are with all of you.